Friday 29 May 2015

Autumn Descriptive Writing




Autumn
As I glance around the top court I see crusty, rugged, boney trees standing. I can see the leaves fluttering. I see the pretty green, yellow and brown leaves flying around the children. I hear the people standing on the crunchy ice. I smell the icy air. I hear the leaves rustling on the grass, Johnny and Ben screaming and laughter of the kids running along the green grass. Kaylee’s throwing leaves like pixie dust. I hear fantails fluttering. I smell the hot fires and the wet, soaking leaves falling. I am hoping a tornado doesn’t hit me.

By Maia

Autumn
As I glance around the amazing tennis court at school. I see Thomas scattering crusty, rusty coloured leaves around. I can hear the leaves fluttering around me. I can hear everybody screaming and the fantails fluttering. I can smell the hot smoke. I’m hoping the snow comes down harder so the school shuts down.

By Brooke

Autumn
As I glance around the top court at school I see trees like death skulls and I see crooked, rugged looking trees. I see trees with no leaves. They are naked. I can hear the wind swishing through the oak trees. I can hear the crunchy, wet soaking leaves falling and I can hear the people standing on crunchy ice. I smell burning fires and I can smell grey, black, thick smoke and bread cooking.

By Millie

Autumn
As I look up at the leaves surfing down to me I look at Johnny chucking a big leaf. He is being a man with a sock on his hand. I can see the hall and it is frozen and a farm. I turned to Johnny and he is frozen. I can smell black thick smoke.

By Thomas
  
Autumn
As I look around the top court I see really crunchy leaves. I see smooth leaves and I found a helicopter leaf. It looked really, really cool. I threw it and it shined. I was really happy. I hear crispy leaves and I hear the birds singing. As I looked around I saw Lachlan dancing around like a fairy and a princess. I hope the sun dries the leaves.

By Aimin

Autumn
As I glance around the top court I can see the pretty leaves twisting  and turning all the way to the ground. The leaves are very, very crunchy like chips! Some are still green and they are still on the tree. Some leaves are brown, green and yellow. Aimin has found a helicopter leaf. It looks like a helicopter rotor twisting and turning. I can hear the kids screaming as they throw the leaves up through the air and back down again. I can smell tasty bread cooking in the microwave and wet leaves falling. I like autumn.    

By Kaylee

Autumn
As I glance around the top court Cooper is dancing and throwing the leaves up in the air. There is one really shiny leaf and Riley is playing with it. There are lots of crooked trees around the top court. I hear the fantails singing very lightly and hardly. Jacob is proudly whistling for half an hour or longer. I heard one little blue bird in my head chirping. I hear the leaves crunching because Bella was scrunching on them.

By Hunter

Autumn
As I peek around the sports court I can see sparkly, twinkling leaves in the air. They have a pointy top and are orange, green and yellow. I hear the wind making the leaves fall off the trees and gliding through the air day and night. I feel the wet ice on the sticky, gooey, cold leaves. As Cooper prances and dances around the top court he throws the points and thin leaves. I wonder if the ice will melt.

By Jacob

Autumn
As I look around the top court I can see the leaves falling off the trees. The leaves are green with brown dots. I can hear leaves crunching everywhere. I can hear wind blowing.

By Fletcher

Autumn
As I peeked around the top court I saw Riley dancing around the top court. He didn’t stop dancing. He looked like a fairy princess. The trees looked like his castle. I can hear fantails fluttering all around me. I hear leaves falling all around me. I hear people shouting and screaming.

By Lachlan

Autumn
I can see leaves fluttering down from the trees. The leaves are naked and the trees are naked too. The children are laughing like witches when they throw the leaves around. I can hear the trees falling into bits. I can hear the leaves rustling as they fall. I can smell the burning leaves around me. I can smell the icy air and the burning fires from the chimneys. I am hoping we get to come here again.

By Anouk
Autumn
As I gaze around the top court there is Cooper sprinting around chucking leaves like pixie dust. I spot leaves fluttering around on the top court. I hear Lachlan screaming and sprinting away from the leaves like they are missiles. I hear kids running and crunching the leaves. I hear leaves fluttering down from the trees. I smell the steamy smoke and the icy air. I hope I don’t freeze to death.

By Riley

Autumn
As Riley pranced and danced behind me I looked around the top court. I was surrounded by thousands of leaves under me. I heard people screaming and cheering and running away from the leaves. I hear Lachlan running to help people! I smell yummy bread. I hope I get to eat it!

By Cooper

Autumn
As I glare around the tennis court I can see a crispy, crunchy and chippy leaf falling down. I can hear a helicopter fluttering in the air! I can hear leaves fluttering down. I can smell soaking wet leaves. I can smell the fires burning. I am hoping that I don’t get down leaves down my back!

By Addison

Autumn
As I look around the top courts at school I see the leaves fluttering down in front of me. My leaf is crusty like chips. I see my friends sprinting and throwing leaves around the tennis courts. I hear Room 3 throwing the leaves and screaming and whistling like the wind. I hear the fantail tweeting in the wind. I smell crusty leaves floating down in front of me. I can smell naked trees. I can smell rusty leaves. I am wondering if a tornado is going to hit us!

By Jaimee

Autumn
My leaf looks all crushed up and it is yellow with black dots. I broke it. The other one is green and it has broke too. I raced up to the top court and I picked up a leaf. I hear Johnny running around and screaming. I can smell the ice on the ground. I am hoping the snow will come down badly and then we will get the day off school.

By Ben



3 comments:

Kristin McGrath said...

I loved reading each and every one, great writing room three,
Kristin - Jacob's mum

Unknown said...

wow what great stories room 3
from kaylee

Anonymous said...

Room 3, We think some of your descriptive writing about Autumn is very engaging and interesting to read. We loved the adjectives you have used. Well done! Room 5