Thursday 18 June 2015

Swimming: Reported by Thomas and Anouk

Swimming
At Gore Main in Room 3 we are lucky. We get to do swimming lessons for two weeks. The bus picks us up at 9.30 am. When we are at the pool we wait for Room 1 and Room 2 to finish. Then its our turn. My instructor teaches me. Her name is Leeanne. All the children look like they are having fun. First we practise blowing bubbles. When we get to the other side we get the board. First we do it on our tummy. Then we go on our back with a board. Then we do it without a board on our back. Next she throws a toy. Then I swim to get it. Sometimes she throws two toys. I can hear splashing around me. I can feel the cold water on me. I can see people having fun doing their swimming lessons. Swimming at the Multi Sports Complex is tough but also fun.

Reported by Anouk


Swimming
We went swimming at the pool today. My leader taught me how to do dolphin dives. The whole school goes swimming for two weeks. We go at 9.30 am and my leader is Argus. Argus lets me have his googles so I can see in the pool in the water. I am learning to float on my back and I sink because I try to put my tummy up but I sometimes can't. But I try my best!

Reported by Thomas



Check out our awesome swimming art work. We used pastels to carefully draw ourselves floating in the pool. We even made sure the colours we used matched our swimming togs, goggles and caps. Next we drew white wavy lines and dyed our background blue like the pool. We sprinkled salt on the dye to give it a watery look!













No comments: